Reset your Windows 10 operating system
If your system files have been damaged, a reset of Windows10 reinstalls these files without damaging your data. After the third attemptto boot has failed, Windows 10 will automatically boot into the Windows RecoveryEnvironment (WinRE). Follow these steps to reset Windows 10:
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- At the Troubleshoot screen, select Reset this PC.
- At the Reset, this PC screen, select Keep my files.
- Select your user account and enter the password if prompted.
- Select Reset.
- Windows will perform the reset process